Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Say YES for VBS!

This week has been amazing so far! VBS is working out so much better than I ever hoped or expected. The kids love the songs, and snacks, and crafts, and games, and stories. The staff and volunteers have been absolutely incredible with their help and support.

I want to do a more thorough post on VBS, but I think I'll wait till the end of the whole week! However, here are a few of the photos thus far.

note: These are Emma's photos, who is stationed at snack, which is why they mostly revolve around snack. My camera has recently encountered a broken screen which I need to fix.

Sunday afternoon, decorating Rainbow for the week!
Charlotte making some maracas!
Tee came to watch
The decorating crew outside of Rainbow!
As soon as the music comes on, the kids race to the front to stand with us and dance. Or if they can't stand, they beg the leaders to hold them so they can dance. That's why Lynn and I are crouched over!
First morning was a monster puppet.
Second day was Flo! The kids absolutely adore the puppets. Afterwards they always approach me and ask if there's more. Potential missions trip anyone? Hint hint.

This is Kru Nok, my favourite staff member at Rainbow! She's sharing some fruit with Ton. Mmmm Farang!
Au and the snack from day two; Rosa the Rabbit! They LOVED this one.
 Lynn and Samon at snack.

That's all folks. The staff have been taking an immense amount of pictures, so those will go up when I get the opportunity to snatch their camera away and upload them.

I'm so happy. It's a success, and now I can breathe and enjoy it all along with the kids. Thank you seems insufficient for how I want to express my appreciation to everyone who has listened to my stressed out talk, given financially, and prayed continually.

I'll wait to the end of the week. I'll come up with something.


2 comments:

  1. I love Rosa the Rabbit. So cute. Looks like fun. Way to go!!!!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily Churchill, you are doing an amazing job. I think you deserve a pat on the back. If I were in Thailand, I'm pretty sure I'd want to be a camper in your VBS. I agree with your mom, Rosa the Rabbit is very cute. I miss you my lover, but we will be united soon enough. xox.

    ReplyDelete