Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Reason Why

I have no special skill really.

I'm not trained as a doctor, or a physio, or a masseuse, or a dentist, or an optician, or a speech therapist, or a behavioural therapist.

I'm a student in transition with nothing other than a high school diploma and an empty wallet. I often wonder, why did I think I should come here? What can I help with? Where is there a need that I could possibly assist in filling?

Well this is why.














Smiles. They're everywhere. And the smallest bit of attention, the tiny amount of time it takes to make one of these children smile, makes every dollar, every hour of work, every emotion and sacrifice, worth it. Not just for me either, worth it for them.

A smile and a laugh is not overated. Maybe it can't make a child walk, or speak, or understand the world they live in.

But it's joy, and that I believe is worth my skill-less journey.

100% worth it


1 comment:

  1. One word can sum you up...
    "amazing"
    Keep on making smiles! there are too many frowns in this world.

    ReplyDelete