Saturday, October 24, 2009

Short and Sweet

This week has been a busy one, truly an emotional rollar coaster!

Monday and Tuesday I was at Rainbow house
Wednesday I was at the government wards
Thursday I went on an hour bus drive to a CCD project called CBR 2. It's a drop in center for mothers who have children with disabilities. They can bring their children, and have them recieve physio treatment, and interaction with other disabled children.
Friday was a Holiday! No work, so me and Vicki (a new volunteer from England) captured the opportunity to hang out and get to know each other better.

The Oasis team went away on a vacation to a beach this long weeked to relax! I could've gone, but I thought I would save a trip like that for when I really need that relaxing time. So, me and Vicki are sticking it out at home this weekend, which is proving to be a blast!

Julia, a girl from the Oasis team, has come down with quite the combination of illnesses. She has bronchitis, and a huge, painful  boil on her knee that needed to get drained at the hospital. She's been camping out at the hospital the past two nights, and may be there for the rest of the week. It's an awful thing to have happen here, it really can make a person homesick and just want the people closest to them to be there. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers!


Playing in the sensory room at Rainbow House! I'm giving Anna her favourite thing. . .airplane ride!


Beautiful Down Syndrome baby at Rainbow House taking a nap


Some of the kids at Rainbow House laying down for a nap


The physio, P'Por, at CBR 2. Helping this little girl walk.


A really sweet boy at CBR 2, so determined to walk!


Little chub man and I playing away






Last night me and Vicki took a trip into Bangkok and met some backpackers! We bused ourselves in and explored the city, while eating some delicious Pad Thai! yum!

And of course the highlight of our night was going to the Bangkok Hospital to visit our beautiful and very missed Julia!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Emily you are bringing so much good in this world. It is so amazing to hear what you have been doing, you are making these children's lives better every day you work with them! I really hope your friend turns out ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking your blog each week. Thanks so much for posting your personal thoughts - we're praying for you back here in Halifax. God Bless. MK

    ReplyDelete