Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love My Family!

Today I recieved an incredible, and encouraging piece of mail!

A PACKAGE!

It was a good size, the biggest any volunteer in the house has gotten (oh yeah, from MY family) filled with goodies from home! Here were the contents.


My HIGHLAND DANCE SHOES! Along with my music! I was so excited to recieve this. Rachel and James had mentioned me teaching some of the kids highland. Can you think of a cuter thing? Thai children in kilts with their hair in buns?



A blacklight puppet! Not this one mind you, but similar. It glows under blacklight which is an excellent stimulus for some of these children. I didn't bother to bring it originally because I didn't think I would have access to the appropriate equipment. But alas! Rainbow House has a blacklight in their sensory room. I cannot wait to use this!


YAY! You may wonder why my parents would send this. Well, I asked them. Everything here is "whitening" because Thai women want to have pale, fair skin. Believe it or not, even the deodorant is whitening. Since I was not fond of the white armpit look, I asked if my parents could send me some regular stuff asap! And they sent me four sticks! woohoo!



They also sent a fun, puppet cd! This CD has already gotten use. I popped it in as soon as it arrived at Rainbow House and pulled out Flo (the blacklight puppet) and danced with Samon, Pookow, and Krit. The other children got to go to the computer room, and since these three were sitting doing nothing, I managed to create a bit of a party. We were having a blast!

and last. . .but NOT LEAST





Chocolate! A big bag of halloween sized reese peanute butter cups, oh henry's, and reese's pieces! Did you know that people in England do not eat these? Niether do Thais! So I spent the afternoon spreading the chocolate and enjoying everyone's love of the peanut+chocolate combo. My bag is already half gone! I gave some chocolate to the cook at Rainbow House and in return she gave me a big bag full of. . . .



Sugar Bananas! They are smaller banana's, very sweet, and very good! She gave me two bushels as a thank you for the chocolate. What a treat!


So all in all, today was a super day. At the bottom of the package was a letter from my dad, and a few days earlier I had recieved one from my mom and my sister. All three made me cry. I love my family with all my heart, and miss them immensely.

THANK YOU MOM AND DAD AND KAYLIN. I love you forever!

1 comment: