Thursday, January 7, 2010

Kind of like the Easter Bunny. . .in January

While I was home in Canada, I received a generous donation from Steve Paddick for the kids at Rainbow House. It came in four boxes and is a commodity more valuable amongst children than most others.

Can you guess?












Candy!

It blows me away how supportive and interested people are in this orphanage and what's going on in Thailand, even though they may not know me. Steve Paddick is a friend of Gable's dad,Wade, who offered up this candy as a treat for the kids at Rainbow. Was it ever a treat!

Rather than just hand out the candy, I brought a popular carnaval idea back from Canada. A fish pond! (Which actually just translates into a curtain, with a fishing rod, and a person behind the curtain attaching goods to the hook) Simple, but a good time.

I put my jet lag to good use, got up early and strung the candy with a little paper fish.




Then Lynn and Emma helped me out as we just added the kids!


Chi-Cha fishing!
(Yeah okay, that's a plastic bat and a bungee cord but hey, you have to work with what you have right?)

Bee with her life savers

Anna chowing down

Samon smiling over her skittles

Ton waiing for his candy

Look-dow showing it off

The whole thing resulted in sticky hands and smiling faces.
Thank you Steve Paddick! Sometimes what these kids need more than physio, is a little bit of fun!



2 comments:

  1. Emily, I love you! You're so nice! Have a good time in Thailand, you're amazing
    -Danielle M

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha guess its a good thing i asked before trying to eat all that candy!!! u are creative . love you, stay safe.
    vashti

    ReplyDelete